Happy 4th of July!
Proud Americans across the nation show their patriotism by displaying the American flag. It shows respect for our country and those in uniform who have defended it. A lot of people, myself included, didn’t really know there was an existing American Flag Code.
Here’s the American Flag Code in a nutshell:
The federal law known as the “Flag Code” is a guide for handling and displaying Old Glory. These are the code’s guidelines:
- It’s ok to display the flag around the clock, but you should illuminate it during the nighttime.
- Hoist it briskly and lower slowly and ceremoniously.
- Be sure to bring your flag in and out of rain or snow, unless it’s made of an all-weather material.
- If you would like to display a flag on your car or truck, affix it to the chassis or clamp it to the right front fender.
- The blue and white stars field known as…
View original post 189 more words